Info You’ll Need:
- Your domain name, e.g. gobdg.com
- Your email address
- Your email password.
Configuring your email client: Outlook 2003
- Open Outlook 2003.
- Click the Tools menu and select E-mail Accounts….
- Click Add a new e-mail account and then click Next.
- Select POP3 or IMAP and click Next.
BDG servers support POP3 and IMAP.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Enter Your Name as you want it to appear.
- Enter your full email address email@example.com in the Email address: field.
- Enter your username firstname.lastname@example.org in the Account Name: field.
- Enter your email password in the Password field.
- Enter mail.yourwebsite.com in the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP) server: field.
- Enter mail.yourwebsite.com in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: field.
- Perform the following steps:
- Click on More Settings…
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check My outgoing server (SMTP) Requires Authentication.
- Make sure Use same settings as my incoming mail server is also checked.
- Click on OK.
- Click the Test Account Settings button and you should see all items with green check marks. Click Close to close the test window.
- Click Next to save your settings.
- Congratulations. You have finished the setup of your email account. Click Finish to close the Setup Wizard.
If you are still having issues sending email you can try the following:
- Click the Tools menu and select E-mail Accounts.
- Click View or change existing e-mail accounts and then click Next.
- Highlight the email account under Accounts and click Change.
- Click on the More Settings… button.
- Click the Advanced tab and change the smtp port to the alternate port of 587, and click OK.