Things you will need:
- Your Email address [email protected]
- Your email password.
- Text in this color is used as an example. Please be sure to replace this text with the proper information for your site or server.
- The following tutorial is provided as a courtesy to our customers to help you configure your mail software to work with BDG’s hosting solutions.
- Third-party software can not be supported directly byBDG. If you have further questions about configuring your blackberry device please visit http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/
Setting up your Blackberry:
- From your BlackBerry home screen, select the BlackBerry Set-up icon, then choose Personal Email Set-up. (On older devices, just look for the Personal Email Set-up icon.)
- Select Personal Email Set-up.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- On the Email Account Set-up page, enter your full email address ([email protected]) but leave the Password: field BLANK. Select Next.
- You’ll see a screen that says ‘We were unable to configure [[email protected]].’ Select I will provide the settings to add this email account, then Next.
- Select Internet Service Provider Email (POP/IMAP), then Next.
- Select I will provide the settings to add this email account, then Next.
- You’ll see ‘The BlackBerry Internet Service could not configure [[email protected]] email account.’ Select Provide The Settings to continue.
- In the ‘User name:’ field, enter your full email address ([email protected]). Then enter your password in the ‘Password:’ field.
- In the ‘Email server:’ field, enter ‘mail.yourdomain.com‘ then select Next.
- If IMAP access was successfully configured, select OK.
- Below your newly added email address, select Edit.
- Select Advanced Settings at the bottom.
- Make sure the port is set to ’993′ and ‘Use SSL’ is set to ‘Yes.’
- Select Save.
There should now be a new mailbox icon on your BlackBerry home screen labeled with your email address. Once you see this icon, follow these steps to ensure proper configuration:
- Open the mailbox icon.
- Open the menu by pressing the jog wheel or BlackBerry menu button, then select Options.
- Select Email Reconciliation.
- Confirm the following settings:
- Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld
- Wireless Reconcile: On
- On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins
- Select Save.